The media and the Internet have exploded with coverage of cryptocurrencies and NFT, and it is evident that crypto and blockchain are here to stay.
Are you a crypto enthusiast that enjoys socializing? With global travel becoming more accessible, now is a good moment to meet the cryptoverse's leaders and innovators in person and not just from the screens.
Industry influencers attend these IRL crypto events and conferences, where they provide guidance based on their experiences and knowledge. Most large IRL crypto events also hold side events or parties, which provide an excellent opportunity to network with other industry professionals.
In this blog, we have listed the top 5 IRL crypto events of 2022 that you definitely wouldn’t wanna miss!
What is the Meaning of IRL Crypto Events?
To kick things off, we must first understand the meaning of an IRL crypto event. IRL crypto events are not where you are not just attending a webinar or a conference from your home or office but actually witnessing it in person.
These IRL crypto events host the biggest names in crypto, metaverse, NFTs, and finance and give you an opportunity to interact, network, and also party (yes, you heard it right) with like-minded people!
Now that we have a clear idea of the meaning of the IRL crypto events, let’s deep dive into the top IRL crypto events of 2022!
Top 5 IRL Crypto Events of 2022
Here are the top 5 IRL crypto events of 2022:
- Metaverse Miami
- NFT NYC
- Consensus 2022
Here’s everything you need to know about each of these most awaited IRL crypto events of 2022.
1. Metaverse Miami
A three-day IRL crypto event with everything from NFTs and Metaverse to podcasts and panelists.
August 1 to August 3, 2022
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, 1 Seminole Way, Hollywood, FL 33314, USA
What to Expect?
Metaverse Miami is a three-day IRL crypto event in association with some of the most prominent crypto personalities, artists, innovators, and community leaders, such as @swansit, @NateAlexNFT, @tropoFarmer, @davidbianchi, and many more!
The three-day IRL crypto event is supposed to host a number of programs such as:
- The Nifty Alpha Show with @allnick, @piovincenzo_, and @speculatorart
- Discussion on “Music in the Metaverse” with @austin_hurtwitz, @spottiewifi, @davidbianchi, @illadaproducer, and more
- The Christine Barnum Show with @christinebarnum, live from Metaverse Miami
- …and so much more!
Metaverse Miami commences on 1st August 2022 with a welcome pool party. The program also includes time-slots for socializing and networking, and ends with a bang with a VIP after-party!
But how can you secure a place in one of the much-awaited IRL crypto events of the year? The answer is *drumrolls* NFT passes!
Yes, you heard it right! Metaverse Miami will be using a unique ticketing system based on NFT technology that allows you to recover the ticket price after you sell it on NFT marketplaces like LooksRare or OpenSea.
A total of 3,400 NFT passes can be minted out of which 450 special VIPs will be chosen at random. These VIP passes will have added perks and anyone, including you, can have a chance to win a VIP pass if you mint an NFT pass to Metaverse Miami. How cool is that!
2. Bitcoin 2022
Bitcoin 2022 is one of the biggest IRL crypto events scheduled in 2022.
April 6 to April 9, 2022
Miami Beach Convention Center, 1901 Convention Center Dr., Miami Beach, FL, 33139, USA
What to Expect?
Bitcoin 2022 is a four-day IRL crypto event with speakers like President Nayib Bukele, Jack Mallers, Yeonmi Park, Peter Theil and so many more.
So if you’re willing to be a part of the most coveted IRL crypto event, you must be wondering how to get yourself a ticket to this event?
- Bitcoin 2022 has issued a Whale Pass which will give you access to events like The Deep (for networking purposes on all four days), Whale Night (premier networking and social event) in addition to all other events to be hosted.
- The Open Source Stage, a program within Bitcoin 2022, is completely dedicated to the burgeoning open source community that makes the crypto revolution possible.
- Another highlight of the IRL crypto event is Pitch Day. Think of it as Shark Tank, but for everything Bitcoin! You can put forth your ideas or products about a Bitcoin startup. Pitch Day is to be judged by Ria Bhutoria (Partner, Castle Island Venture), Greg Carson (Managing Partner, XBTO Humla Ventures), Cassie Clifton (Host of What’s Halvening podcast), Dan Morehead (CEO, Pantera Capital), Kevin O’Leary (Venture Capitalist and judge, ABC Shark Tank) and many more eminent personalities.
- Enter the world of painting, multimedia installations, sculptures, and Bitcoin-based digital art with Bitcoin Renaissance- the theme of Bitcoin 2022’s art gallery. Featuring over sixty artists, this art gallery will also conduct a live auction on selected artworks.
- Bitcoin Bazaar, another star of the IRL crypto event, is a peer-to-peer marketplace hosting over 40 inventors, artists, merchants, and small businesses, namely BitBar, Crypto Cloaks, Essence of Bitcoin, and many more Bazaar vendors. They’ll sell products like books, antiques, electronics, opendime, sculptures, and even precious metals in direct exchange for Bitcoin
As of this writing, there are 35,000 registered attendees for one of 2022’s biggest IRL crypto events. Are you ready to be a part of it?
3. NFT.NYC 2022
The 4th annual NFT industry event hosted by NFT.NYC.
June 20 to June 23, 2022
Across various venues in Times Square.
What to Expect?
Beginning with a blast at Time Square Kickoff, the NFT.NYC is a four-day IRL crypto event with community events like Ape Fest, ETHNewYork, NFT Awards, and many more. NFT.NYC will host over 760 speakers from Aaron Wilcox, David Goldberg, Aaronito.eth, Frances Liddell, Adam McBride, and many more.
NFT.NYC even gives you an opportunity to be a speaker at these events and also host your own community event. You can get two types of passes for the event- General Admission and VIP Access, each having its own set of benefits.
Are you ready for #NFTNYC2022?
4. Consensus 2022
Consensus 2022, or “The Festival for the Decentralized World” is organized by Coindesk.
June 9 to June 12, 2022
What to Expect?
Consensus 2022, or “The Festival for the Decentralized World” is an IRL crypto event, scheduled to include everything from crypto to blockchain, NFTs, and even Web 3.0 and Metaverse!
With events like Money Reimagined Summit, DAO House, NFT Gallery, and many more equally intriguing programs, Consensus 2022 already has over 15,000 registered visitors, ready to interact with 400+ speakers like Sam Bankman-Fried (CEO, FTX), Kristin Smith (Executive Director, Blockchain Association), Iddris Sandu (Founder, spatial LABS), and many more!
- Shareholders, financial advisers, regulators, and impact innovators interested in ESG, CBDCs, and the future of investment should attend the Money Reimagined Summit.
- Creator Summit will highlight the creators, entrepreneurs, programmers, and collectors who are contributing to deciphering and expanding the developing imagination-fueled creative ecosystem's rapidly expanding prospects.
- At the Talent Hub, meet brands and employers who are shaping the future of blockchain, crypto, and Web3.
- …and so much more!
There are mainly three types of passes available for Consensus 2022 — General Admission, Pro Pass, and the Piranha Pass. Taking into account the exponential rise of millennials in the crypto ecosystem, Consensus 2022 has also arranged for a Student Pass for new crypto enthusiasts.
May 17 to May 19, 2022
Palm Beach, Florida
What to Expect?
Permissionless, also known as Blockwork’s “Cultural Event of the Year” is a three-day IRL crypto event (four days for VIPs).
The event will host some of the most prominent speakers of the crypto space — Justin Drake (Researcher at The Ethereum Foundation), Vlad Tenev (CEO & Co-Founder, Robinhood), Cuy Sheffield (VP & Head of Crypto, Visa), and many more.
The IRL crypto event is scheduled to have a Conference and Expo on all three days, along with other programs such as Warehouse District Takeover, Clematis Street Bar Crawl, and an Afterparty!
- The most innovative minds in our field will talk on a variety of themes, including the NFTs, metaverse, and gaming, the future of institutional adoption and finance, and much more as The Biggest Names Create the Future on Stage.
- Stay tuned because Permissionless may have its own NFT-related surprise in the works at the NFT Gallery and Metaverse Experiences.
- The Outside the Content conference will be packed with everything your degen heart desires, including lounges, yacht parties, gaming areas, live demos, and more from our industry's best enterprises and DAOs.
- You deserve an experience that reflects the ideals of our industry: openness, networking, and a hefty dose of degen. This event lets you embrace every possibility on Palm Beach.
All of that is great, but the ticketing system for the event is a little complicated. Participants can register among the 250 tickets issued once in two weeks, following which another set of tickets will be available. As far as the VIP tickets are concerned, you can mint them for 1.11 ETH. Similar to Consensus 2022, Permissionless also features a selected Student Pass for $99 USD for students who are willing to be a part of Web 3!
The Bottom Line
If you're sincerely passionate about crypto, these IRL crypto events provide you with the opportunity to hear from some of the industry's brightest minds and pick their brains, as well as socialize with the people and community members you have interacted with online.