Launched in 2016, Zerion is a portfolio management interface for decentralized finance (DeFi) built with a vision to empower investors with efficient, transparent, and censorship-resistant financial crypto services. With Zerion’s mobile and web application investors can manage their DeFi assets in one place—even though the assets are stored in multiple wallets—enabling the investors to monitor investments, execute trades, track returns, and even lend and borrow without leaving the environment of the app.
Zerion app allows its users to invest, trade, lend, and borrow assets, manage their DeFi portfolio across multiple accounts, and track assets in real-time with live price updates. And, with the Zerion-ZenLedger integration, you can now generate your Zerion tax forms with just a few simple clicks!
Connecting Your Zerion Account To ZenLedger
- To import your transactions, log in to Zerion and copy your receiving address
- Paste the receiving address you copied from Zerion into the wallet address field in ZenLedger
- Select the proper coin from the dropdown list
- Select if the wallet is based in the USA or not
- Click ‘add coin’ button
- Click ‘complete import’ button
How To Generate Zerion Crypto Tax Forms
After you’ve connected your Zerion account, completed your import, and confirmed that your transaction information and tax liabilities are correct, simply click to download your forms!
How To Use the Zerion Crypto Platform?
Using Zerion is as easy as working with any regular app on your mobile phone—all you need is an active internet connection to access app.zerion.io to get started!
Follow the steps below to learn how to set up your DeFi portfolio at Zerion.
1. Set up a web3 Account
Zerion does not support traditional user accounts but instead works directly with web3 wallets to ensure that the user has complete control of their funds and private keys. Therefore, you will need to connect to a web3 wallet that links your browser or smartphone directly to the Ethereum network. There are multiple wallets available for download such as Metamask, Ledger, WalletConnect, Coinbase Wallet, and Meet.One Wallet and you are free to pick your preferred option.
2. Buy ETH via Zerion
Once your web3 wallet is set up, you can buy ETH directly from Zerion by clicking on ‘Buy Crypto’ at http://app.zerion.io/. Purchases can be made either via an international Debit/Credit Card (160+ countries) or a European Bank Account.
Or, Buy ETH via a Crypto Exchange
If you do not wish to buy crypto directly at Zerion, you can also choose to buy the currency from any crypto exchange of your choice, including Coinbase, Binance, OKEx, Kraken, etc. However, remember that once the ETH has been deposited, you will need to send it to the public address linked to your web3 account.
Here’s how you can send ETH to your web3 Account:
- Copy the public address of your web3 account (it should read something like ” 0x88D5f7b67e35b869b0058952c1BEF4c9854f6b5c” )
- Then, from your exchange account, select “Send ETH” to input the amount you would like to send, and then paste your public address. At this point, make sure that you double/ triple check the address, as funds sent cannot be reversed.
- Open your web3 account and your ETH should be reflected in your wallet!
How To Link a web3 Account to Zerion
The most obvious question that comes to mind is how to link a web3 account to Zerion? Here’s how.
- Visit app.zerion.io
- Select from a list of options how you would like to sign up based on the web3 account you’re using
- Deposit funds into your account and let your owned crypto start making more money for you!
Features of the Zerion App and Zerion Wallet
The Zerion blockchain interface displays three components:
- The total value of your DeFi assets
- Your Portfolio’s performance
- Value and performance of individual assets
And as we’ve mentioned earlier, the Zerion app offers five key features:
Now, let’s try and understand these features a bit better.
This feature allows you to buy and sell
- DeFi index tokens that monitor the basket of DeFi tokens
- Governance tokens that enable you to vote for proposed changes to DeFi protocols
- Social tokens teeming with various functions from allowing you to invest in a creator’s career to accessing gated Discord communities.
Moreover, you can also skim through token by category such as Layer-2 scaling tokens or by market-cap.
This feature enables you to provide cash flow to liquidity reserves on decentralized exchanges (DEXs) such as SushiSwap, Curve, Bancor, Uniswap, Badger, KeeperDAO, and more. These DEXs are also known as automated market makers (AMMs) which are dependent on liquidity provided by the users to carry out trades in lieu of a conventional orderbook. You can receive fees on trades carried in the pool as a reward for providing cash flow or liquidity.
This feature enables you to exchange tokens received by depositing assets on platforms such as Yearn.Finance and Curve. The Zerion crypto platform gets it liquidity from famous DEXs such as Uniswap, SushiSwap, among others, and thus contests all these platforms in finding cost-effective and quick ways to trade on your behalf.
Save and Borrow
The Zerion app has collaborated with Compound—a protocol on the Ethereum blockchain that establishes money markets—and enables you to earn interest when you lend your DeFi assets. Simultaneously, you can also take a collateralized loan through Zerion’s Borrow feature also integrated with protocols such as Maker, Compound, and Liquidity. These loans enable you to borrow against collateral such as ETH that you have to deposit until you can pay the loan back. The interface equips you with your loan summary, the interest accrued, the collateral you put down, and the amount of debt.
Final Thoughts: Why Should You Use Zerion App?
Zerion, as a DeFi crypto platform, is one of the preferred platforms to invest and manage in DeFi for multiple reasons, including:
- A one-stop solution to explore the entire DeFi marketplace
- Commission-free buying and selling of DeFi assets
- Simple and expansive portfolio tracking
- Real-time portfolio tracking on the mobile app in 10 different languages
- Complete control of private keys for enhanced privacy
- No data sharing with third parties; offering complete security
- Global, free, and supports more than 60 DeFi protocols