The tax deadline is right behind the corner, and you are probably getting a lot of questions and requests from your clients who own cryptocurrencies. The year 2019 and the beginning of 2020 have seen some interesting trends in crypto taxation: from informational letters sent by the IRS to crypto investors in July to the new regulation issued in October to the Virtual Currency Tax Fairness Act of 2020 introduced in Congress. So there are a lot of new things to take into account while helping your crypto clients submit their taxes for 2019.
Watch this recorded webinar with Jared Zemp, Head of Tax Professional Business Development, to get familiarized with crypto taxation.
1. Understand Why Cryptocurrencies have Value
2. Decode Blockchain Technology
3. Discuss the Governance of Crypto-coins/-tokens
4. Explain How Mining Works
5. Differentiate Between On-chain, Wallets, and Exchange Transactions
6. Clarify the Process of Preparing Taxes on Cryptocurrencies